Went to the Toronto Mozilla office today. Spent the afternoon reviewing add-ons and I also got to put some faces to names. Since last Friday when we got training from Alex Polvi to be editors for AMO, I've reviewed 14 extensions and I'm learning a lot about the process.
Ted said he'd be reviewing my patch tomorrow and we're hoping to land it in the next few days. As far as I can tell right now, the only issue should be that my error handling is currently just printed to stderr and doesn't actually change the srcsrv flag.
So fingers crossed - there might be source server on the debug builds by the end of the week. This means the rest of term can be devoted to pdbstr.exe. I have yet to communicate with Timeless who is the recommended contact to discuss things of this ilk.
Over reading week I should be able to do some more digging into those hex dumps as well as start testing the source server once it's on Tinderbox.