Thursday, February 7, 2008

Getting closer to committing?

So I feel like I am close to having closed up most of the original issues with the patch. After the conversation with Ted I was feeling good about how to wrap the source indexing so that it's only applied to a Win32 platform.

The newest patch is here and basically the outstanding issue is just the path to the pdbstr binary. What I'm stuck on is that right now I'm passing a path to pdbstr in my build directory but when this patch is committed it will be somewhere else - which may allow for the setting of the path using global variables in the Makefile that I can't use on my local debug build.

Some sleuthing should clear that up soon. Perhaps 0.6 will be a commit? I'm setting my sights high for that, and then I could spend some time writing a pdbstr replacement in the last few releases.

No comments: