Thursday, January 10, 2008

Starting up again with Source Server

And, we're back for another semester of poking and prodding the Microsoft Source Server for use with the Mozilla debug symbols.

First order of business is to clean up as much of the symbolstore.py patch as possible and then the next step would be to start writing a pdbstr.exe replacement that can be distributed. Also, there's the issue of Mozilla 2 and mercurial...

Looks like there was an involved process in choosing the next generation VCS for Mozilla 2 and so now I am wondering whether I should be continuing to work on my 0.3 or start working on something that will make source server work with mercurial.

This week I'll be trying to pull together a solid list of what I hope to accomplish this term for my 1.0 release, i'll post more soon.

No comments: