Thursday, January 31, 2008

Excellent News for a Noob MozDev

Well, on this my 50th post, I am excited to announce that I have been offered a summer internship with Mozilla.

I'm just waiting for the actual paperwork to set the wheels in motion. This is going to be one heck of a ride. I'm kind of hoping that once I get this Windows source server up and running, it might be possible to do some hacking on gdb and learn how to get it doing the same thing. Then anyone could debug mozilla without having to build!

When I first became involved with the Open Source class and Mozilla I never would have imagined that I would become involved at this level of the code, but I wouldn't trade the learning I have undergone for anything.

Talking with Ted the other day about the pdbstr.exe replacement and how it will be written in C++. I'm super rusty on my C++ so that will be challenging. I wonder how the pdb files are written to and read from? This will be the focus of my next week's work while I await feedback on the bugfixes that I've started. Everyone's busy locking down Firefox 3, so I may have to wait a bit.

No comments: