Now enter evil Linux (cue evil music)- the one platform I have yet to build on in any serious fashion. I should test this patch on Linux to make sure that it works there too. Here's the bullet form of what happened (as best I can remember at this point in head bashing on keyboard):
- I ssh to 'Liberia', one of the Quad's running Fedora in the ORI lab
- Check out, apply patch and build a debug build on it - fast! It takes ~3 mins to checkout and ~13 to build
- Run make buildsymbols and I get "make: nothing to do for 'buildsymbols'" (thanks.)
- Clobber build, tweak .mozconfig adding --enable-application=browser
- Build - run make buildsymbols - still nothing to do for buildsymbols
- After attempting to bike home, getting a flat tire from a massive pothole on Keele St and having to bus it I ssh into Liberia again and start from scratch. At this point both Armen and Dave start builds too, all of us using --enable-debug and other assorted .mozconfig settings
- No one can make buildsymbols. Without the patch there are errors and with the patch - same errors.
- In objdir/config/autoconf.mk I check and see that MOZ_CRASHREPORTER = 1 so make should be recognizing this.
- I try a clean checkout and can't even build because of errors with dump_symbols.cc