Now you can try what you want instead of just pushing and getting the default set (currently default is all opt & debug builds, all unittests, no talos). You will get less emails and only the results you're looking for and everyone wins when you only ask for what you need since it will make more machines available for other builds.
To use this fabulous new TryChooser in your commit message (soon to be available in a committed config file as well) you do the following:
- You've got your patch ready to try
- Set the commit comment to what you would like to run on try
- In this case, let's say you want a linux opt build, no mobile, no unittests, and only talos tp4 results
- Push to try
- What happens? 'Linux tryserver build' builder is created and runs your opt linux build. If the build completes successfully then the talos tests are triggered and once the test-master gets the notice of the change it will read the hg commit comments and only kick off the one builder for tp4 'Rev3 Fedora 12 tryserver talos tp4'
- You get a total of 3 emails and have used very little compute time - you rock!
please go to http://wiki.mozilla.org/Build:TryChooser for complete info and options as well as some answers to questions you make have and take the TryChooser out for a spin.